Thursday, February 19, 2015

Surprising announcement: I'm not working at the dairy. They are restructuring and I've stepped aside to open a full time position for them, which is what they really need. After things are sorted, there may be room for me again and we're all happily open to that possibility. It may seem abrupt but I always knew this was a possibility and the timing could not be better for me. How sad am I to learn how to sleep on a normal schedule again, in these 4 degree temps? Not sad at all.

Though, there have been strange consequences. This morning, for instance, I slept through coffee time. I got up at 8:30 and had a piece of prune cake. I took care of the animals, checked out life online, and was just considering what the day should hold when R showed up in the kitchen. This girl has only seen one true morning in the last two years so you know she's not feeling well. She has a terrible cold. So we decided to watch Winnie-the-Pooh. About half way through my head started pounding. I took some Advil.

The kids and I decided to brave the icy roads the freezing temperatures and drive to market. We needed to pick up potatoes, onions, and vitamin D3. Apparently I am profoundly deficient--so says the midwife who drew my blood for a routine physical last week. She said to go ahead and dose the whole family. Perhaps D will help us finally kick this nasty cold we keep passing around? In any case, the Advil wasn't kicking in, my head was pounding as we were checking out, and then it hit me. I never had coffee this morning. Odd but easily fixed. We're home now, snuggled in for lounging. I'll get my routine back in order soon. Maybe the vitamins will help.

The chickens are seriously unpleased. Also, I think Brownie it going to kid in the next 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment