Sunday, March 3, 2013

Uh oh, I've discovered iron on heat transfer embroidery patterns. Remember embroidered pillow cases and baby blankets of yore? What happened to those? It turns out, they are alive and well in the embroidery isle at Hobby Lobby. I was seized by intense nostalgia when I found them last night and even carried around a set of kitty and lace pillowcases to work for my daughter, while I shopped. But, nostalgia eventually caved to standards. 70% polyester 30% cotton pillow cases?...it just ain't happening.

Then, in a shadowy remote corner buried under some latch-hook paraphernalia, I found Iron On Heat Transfer Designs! Ta Da! They are so kitchy and retro and AWESOME! At a buck fifty each, I bought two and a yard of flannel. I can't wait to get started. The dryer is running (from pre washing the fabric of course---always pre wash!) This afternoon I get to stitch.

This morning, I'm off to milk a cow. First cow I've milked in over a year... Ooops, I may not have enough hand strength left to hold up an embroidery hoop by this afternoon. The challenges of domesticity, it never stops, I tell you. Remember this kind of thing? I chose a puppy theme.

3 comments:

  1. adorable...and (just to be a twit) isn't that a bear? I know, who cares...it's perfectly retro and sweet.

    hope the milking went well. can't wait to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I didn't stitch that bear. I'm just getting started stitching---no pictures yes! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, tell me you know about these patterns: http://www.sublimestitching.com/

    ReplyDelete