Monday, March 4, 2013

The milking did not happen. This farmer free milks in a pasture! Which IS AWESOME. I'm deeply respectful. But his cow was deeply disdainful. There was absolutely no way she was going to let me, a total stranger, walk up and milk her. She barely let him, just because I was there. So, that ain't happening.

However, he will need help with goats after they wean their kids, and I may help him halter break his heifer. So, I still have a great milk resource. And the possibility of work later. Fair enough.

All that non work on the farm allowed me to stitch away yesterday like a maniacal beast. I finished one puppy and may add another. So curious, the affect embroidery has upon my soul. If its too serious, I don't care for it. If its too modern, I don't care for it. If its too K-ountry, I don't care for it. But there is a certain retro look I find deeply comforting and especially appropriate for babies. We apples never fall too far from our original trees, no matter what we pierce or dye or skip, eh?

1 comment:

  1. March Madness is upon is. Almost two weeks since your last post. What's news?

    ReplyDelete