Monday, March 18, 2013

The cow forum is the most interesting place on the internet, to me. Check out this little testimony:

"It’s only been 17 or so years ago that I thought “organic” was a way for people to charge more for the same thing. Then I was diagnosed with MS, chronic, progressive MS. The forecast for my future was – wheel chair bound in 5 years, probably dead in 10. Not much of a forecast. After my initial few days of wallowing, it dawned on me that MS just did not mesh with my character. I know that sounds funny, but after having worked with people and their diseases for 10 years already, I had come to realize that the disease usually matched the person. It’s too hard to explain for the point of this writing, but that was my conclusion – MS did not fit." 

You can read the whole thing here. I'll skip to the end. Diagnosed by MRI with MS, she heals herself completely by doing her best to eliminate all man-made chemicals from her life. She goes 100% organic and starts drinking raw milk. She takes up Reiki and stuff like that. After 17 years, she has no symptoms of disease at all. But the lesion in her brain that was thought to cause her symptoms is still there. In fact, it is bigger now than it was when she was diagnosed. According to a recent MRI, she should be catatonic.

What catches my eye about this story is not the organic revelation, the move to a farm, nor the raw milk. What snags me is her conclusion that disease matches personality and MS simply was not a good fit for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment