Tuesday, December 23, 2014

This was the first holiday season, out of the last 8, where I've been truly excited and enthusiastic about celebrating. We've hosted family for Thanksgiving, decorated to the gills, hosted a holiday party for our wonderful homeschooling community, and more. Its been great. The spirit of Fezziwig has been an inspiration. Gratitude has been an inspiration. And my crazy-awesome family is a constant inspiration.

There have been challenges too. We moved Dad into a retirement home. I stepped up my hours at work and the physical challenge is not small for me. I also got kicked in the head at work and fell and, while I'm happy to report soundness of mind and body, I am tired. And now, sick. On the upside, sitting in bed with a sore throat gives me time, finally, to catch up here a bit.

Ry has snagged the best images of the season. When she finds time to post some of them, I plan to steal and repost them here. Especially the one of Jackson swaddled in Christmas light. Until then, here are few from the last couple of weeks. Cheers and love, y'all!

 Christmas Playmobil, a tradition!
And there has been one other Top Secret Project. We got to foster some kittens for a little while. We are so sad to see them go: Quitea and Fighta, long may you purr, boys.

5 comments:

  1. Sweetness, K. Another year comes to a close and I still am lucky for you and the moments of watching your kids grow. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo I'm in love with a little black kitten....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about the throat...I have it now too. I'm sure it was me. Oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CC, evERYone has gotten it. I mean, half the party couldn't show because they're sick. xoxoxo

    Val, I'm luck for you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete