Monday, September 22, 2014

Tools from yesteryear. I'm trying to get reorganized, better, after our remodel. Some items defy all logical attempts at letting go. When I look through these things I'm teleported back to long lazy summer weeks at the beach before air conditioning, being rocked in my Aunt Katherine's lap well after I was too big for such things, and my Grandmother's kitchen. ...pardon me while my heart shatters...
 My Grandmother Julia's recipes. What the internet looked like 50 years ago.
 note: "butter both sides of the bread" 
 Anyone know what these baskets are called? They don't make them anymore.
Thank You Note 1958, five pages, both sides of the paper
 Secondary Thank You Note from the parents of the first thank you note's author. I don't know what Aunt Katherine did for these people. But they were mighty grateful.

5 comments:

  1. Jeannette moved home. Landsdowne, PA is about 7 miles from Bryn Mawr College They are situated on the Main Line out of Philly, Jeanette's Dad, Mr. Haines, lived a few doors down from Landsdowne Friends School. Clearly, he had manners, and practiced gratitude.

    ;>

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are picnic baskets of course. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks, you're right. They are Mason Hampers and date from the 50s in England. Cool. :o)

    ReplyDelete