Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dear Husband is still home sick with the endless cough. Dr. Bruce agreed with me that it might be pertussis, so he's been tested. Our community has been alerted. And we're waiting it out. Well, I'm waiting it out. First Ry, then H, now J. I'm hoping my daily quart of warm fresh milk at work is keeping me safe. Damn, we really NEED to buy our own cow.

Meanwhile, our house is full of workers installing the new floor. We are sick and (still) tired and very excited. We've evacuated to the coffee house in Saxapahaw. All here together, everyone with their own computer, drinking coffee, digging the awesome tunes, and watching the light change over the river. It feels like fall outside. I'm shopping for wall paper. Life is good.

Time to cross the parking lot for grass fed burgers in the gas station. Gotta love the new south!

2 comments:

  1. We had it. I didn't get it for more than a day. The Mom syndrome, you know.. (Has there been a study on that?) We all healed. It took a few weeks. I am sorry. Time, good food, plenty of sleep, no sugar.

    ReplyDelete