Thursday, August 14, 2014

The biggest mistake we can make on our personal journeys is to assume that other people want the same things out of life that we do. Even if they all want "happiness", it means different things to different people. So whenever you're confused as to why someone is doing something, try to remember that it's probably because they think it'll make them happy. Let them find out on their own.

Its 56 degrees outside. Mammals are curled up and sleeping all over this room. Jackson Hound has his nose buried under his paw, trying to keep warm next to me on the couch. My hand is big enough to almost cover his long silky soft brown ear. I slip my hand over his ear and hold it there to warm that thin flap of hound skin. He sighs with contentment. It feels like October. A cool breeze is pushing the curtains through the window. We are supposed to go swimming in the river today. Roasting marsh mellows over a fire might be more appropriate. Is this really August?

My husband left for work a few minutes ago but doubled back to bring me the very rarest of delights: a fully ripe freshly picked chilled fig. I've never eaten a cold fig.

No comments:

Post a Comment