Friday, August 15, 2014

In the south we don't have treats. We have goodies. But I don't use that word anymore because my husband is kind of horrified by the sound or the implication of it. I think he has secretly believed that its really just my family that says goody. In his defense, we are fairly eccentric, even for southerners. But I was vindicated last night, twice. Grandpa Beebe brings a plug of tobacco and two licorice whips down to the beach, when he goes looking for Paul and Maureen, who are out looking for Misty Of Chincoteague. Grandpa offers the children, "I brung you a goody" as he hands over the licorice. Later in the story goodies are mentioned again. Ha! Its not just my family. Its solid regional vernacular. Just like window sills winda seals.

Yesterday my girl ripped open a bag of Trolli Sour Gummy Worms, inhaled deeply, and said, "Ummmmm, smells like dreams." Pass the dreams, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment