Sunday, June 29, 2014

As I sit drinking coffee on my couch this summer morning its 65 degrees outside. Which is 10 degrees cooler than we've set our air conditioner so all the doors are open. I can see corn coming up in my front yard garden, from where I sit. Which cracks me up because I made a half-hearted attempt to erase the garden with thick mats of mulch this spring. And that is the only attention the garden has had. So we have kale, carrots, corn, squash, tomatoes, mint, and oregano coming up. All volunteer or left over from last year. I don't expect to harvest much, if anything. But still, its pretty funny, given how hard I've worked in the garden on previous years.

The lightening bugs have been Amazing this year.

1 comment:

  1. If you need it gleaned, you know who to call! That's awesome. It's been a stellar Spring. We have a new game: lightening bug tag. It's like freeze tag except if you have a bug in your hands and you set it free, you get to run again. so fun. some home school boy who lives here came up with it.

    ReplyDelete