Thursday, March 6, 2014

Clove had two kids this morning, a doeling and bucking. She's a great mother, had them clean and dry and was eating her placenta when I got to the barn after work. I moved the family into the milking parlor side of the barn for a quiet safe buck free zone. When I checked later today, the little boy was shivering and his feet were cold---much colder than his sister's. So I tucked him inside my coat and wore him around while I was doing afternoon barn chores. Then I fetched a brown sheep's fleece I have, made a fleece nest, and tucked both babies in. Both fell asleep right away. They look snuggy warm and I'm only sorry the batteries on my camera died before I got a picture of them in the fleece. We'll have to make do with pictures from earlier this morning. I'm glad they accepted the nest, we're expecting ice tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooooo gorgeous babies - the human ones, beaming with Life, and the four-footed kids too - they look fantastic. Yippee!!!!

    ReplyDelete