Sunday, February 16, 2014

There was an unexpected newborn heifer calf standing among all the Big Mommies in the barn when I flipped on the light out there at 5 a.m. today. Got to lift and carry my first calf. Always wondered if I could do that. Turns out, I can.

Gave my goaty girls their CDT shots and brand new collars today. They took it well and they look spiffing. I always feel afraid to give shots. Its always so much easier than I remember. Clove is bagging up fast.

Fear of giving shots kept me from going for a nursing degree. How sad is that? If I'd gotten a nursing degree, it would have been a Masters of Midwifery. Held back by THE EASIEST THING.

H spent 4 hours volunteering with an organization that refurbishes computer parts into new computers for kids living in poverty. He felt unqualified to do more than clean screens. So that's what he offered to do and he was pretty bored the whole time. Next time I bet he chooses more interesting tasks. Yeah, it will require some training. But all the interesting stuff in life always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment