Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A young vet told me my dog is old, today. You know what? Fuck off. My dog is not old, you are just young. Go get some perspective and come back later.

Yeah okay, maybe I didn't take it so well. I love that dog.

The thing I've been thinking is that we never really know who all loves us. For instance, I love my brother who lives in New England. I think of him, oh, dailyish. There really isn't more to the story. I've noticed we tend to habituate negative assumptions. But that doesn't mean those assumptions are true. All evidence to the contrary, we are each probably loved a lot more than we know.

1 comment:

  1. So beyond all true. We're all busy doing what we do and have NO IDEA what our encouragement and love means to someone else. We can't even care about it--there isn't time to wonder.

    Daisy has always been a beautiful gift. That's the story of Daisy--wonderful. When Jay's grandpa was 99 years old and started having fainting spells, this was our position: He was 99 last week too, and he wasn't fainting on the floor. WHAT HAPPENED? They seemed so beyond caring. "Well, 99?"

    I get it. 99 years old?

    Please.

    Three weeks before his funeral, he and a friend beat the ladies at cards.

    It's all about a life lived to the fullest and a bit of well-deserved respect. You know I am always on your side. love, Val

    ReplyDelete