Monday, October 7, 2013

A list of things for which I'm very grateful:

My husband now works close to home. Its supposed to rain all day and I do not have to worry about him on the interstate. (Wait, I think he's at a meeting in the capital city...d'oh!) But still, I'm grateful he's close to home these days.

My husband knew I was exhausted yesterday so he carried 500 pounds of chaffhaye up hill by hand for me. So I would't have to. Then he slept on the couch so I could go to bed at 8:30 last night. Because he knew I had to be up at 4 this morning.

Basically, I'm just grateful for everything about my sweet awesome husband.

I'm grateful for my new job that kicks my ass ten ways from sundown. Its physically, mentally, and spiritually WAY more challenging than I would have guessed. But I love it. I'm learning a ton of stuff. They are paying me to get in good shape. Today a heifer calf was born while I was there. And my boss is an amazing and inspiring woman who rocks.

My kids. I am so grateful that I get to be around my kids every day. I love coming home to them. I love seeing them go out to have fun in the world. I love thinking about their future. I love them love them love them. (In case there was any doubt.)

At work this morning soppy wet green manure splashed up my nose. Don't have to worry about probiotics today! :o)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. One night I came home from work at about midnight and Jay was outside grilling me a burger. How do we deserve guys like this? We don't, I guess. I'm glad you're loving your new job and feel challenged by it and all good.

    Jay and I have laughed about how any time sewage gets in his eyes or mouth or on his cell phone, he should be able to charge the biohazard surcharge of $3000.

    We have never done it, but we laugh a lot. He says it burns in the eyes and tastes terrible. I believe him.

    xo. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, I bet Jay has the most rock solid immune system on earth. What does that say for our hysteria over food hygiene? lol
    Love to you!

    ReplyDelete