Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My daughter says I am leaving "stink trails" through the house with my kimchi. Which may be true. But the spicey/garlicy/gingery/ goodness is helping my allergies. Its like my superpower right now. So I guess we're just going to have to stink it up for a while.

In the meantime, I'm renovating our upstairs. By myself. One paint stroke at a time. A very pleasing project. I've painted my son's room. Next come the hall, baths, daughter's room, then the master suite! I'm also planning to decorate the stair risers in our house. Which I think looks especially nice when the stairs curve, as ours do. I love this example. But I'm going for something less wordy and a lot more colorful for our own stairs:
After the painting is done the kids and I will finish removing all the old wall to wall carpet. Then we are going to install a floating hardwood floor. That should make a nice homeschooling project for the summer doldrums later this season. Wish me luck and kimchi power!

New room, deep green, a lot more organized, and waiting for an actual floor. We had his favorite posters dry mounted which makes a bigger difference than you might think, visually. Wait a minute! IS THAT THE POSTER WRAPPING UNDER HIS BED?! I think it is! Yeah, clearly no one has to worry we're going to get too clean or well organized or upgraded to where we can't be recognized.
 IS THAT A TOWEL ON THE FLOOR?!
 The shelves look great, though. And I truly love this color green he picked. Very soothing and calm.
 How many pictures do I need? As many as it takes, Buddy. As many as it takes. I love you! :o)

1 comment: