Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dear Boy had his H-ideous-erpst appliance removed yesterday. It has absolutely changed his profile, saved him from having to wear headgear, and never bothered him very much at all. At least, that's what he says. This first part of the process has been remarkably easy for him. But its hard for me to imagine not being bothered. Look at that hardware! I had an unusual orthodontic case and wore braces for four years with reverse headgear. I guess I thought that gave me special knowledge about the process? So yesterday I was full of reassurance for him: taking it out won't hurt, its a relief, the hard part is over. Well, it did hurt. It took a long time to remove. And having it out didn't make all that much difference to him. Parenting fail. Note to self: do not advise on topics about which you know nothing. 

1 comment: