Sunday, January 20, 2013

Eat Like A Mennonite ~F. Williams This is an interesting article. A woman has her blood tested for pthalates and she has her daughter's blood tested as well. They both test high. Everyone living and eating the normal American diet will test high, though exposure is far more vast than simple diet. By adjusting their diet, she drops their levels way down. She concludes the government should fix this pthalate, endocrine disruptor, toxic chemical saturation problem. As she suggests she can't really be bothered to give up nail polish and canned refried beans because, hey, they're fun! So I guess until the government cleans up our act, her daughter is just fucked? I don't know.

She said, "For detox, I became an isolated Anxiety Mom." Yeah, that would be me she's describing. I'm Anxiety Mom patiently balancing my children's lives so they can feel and behave like normal citizens but protecting their food choices so their endocrine systems, genitals, and brains are safe. Yeah, I'm guess I'm anxious like that. Or as I prefer to think of it: Intelligent Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment