Saturday, December 1, 2012

Dear Girl has gone out today into the big city with big people doing real work. I didn't want her to go because its too far away, too big, and not in my control. I urged her to go, despite her own feelings that perhaps its a bit too far away, too big, and not in her control. Now she'll be gone all day and I will feel worried. Tonight she'll undoubtedly be home happy, tired, glad she went. I'll be relieved, glad to have her home, and congratulating myself for making her do something I didn't want, she didn't want, and never mind the fact that I disagree with pushing kids too much. I also disagree with not pushing kids enough. There is the dilemma of parenting. In the mean time, I am delighted she has the opportunity to go and has gone. The rest of us are going to buy a Christmas tree, wash dishes, and laze about thinking of ways to push ourselves a bit harder.
Yep, she made it home happy tired and pleased. I'm so glad she went. She learned a lot, made some money, and her world got bigger. Yay for growing up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment