Thursday, November 22, 2012

Big Daddy Lion has been in bed for an unprecedented two days, with a virus and hives. He'll be in bed this coming day, Thanksgiving, as well. Though I think he's turned the corner. I've been awake most of this night and I haven't heard much coughing coming from our bedroom. Which I presume means he is actually sleeping. And people, SLEEP is the key, the light, the way. Right up there with food. Sleep...why am I awake at 4 a.m.?

It looks like we will have modified celebration this year. For the first time in ...ever?... we don't have any guests coming nor travel plans. We're invited out to the country for a bonfire with old dear friends in the evening. I'll take the children out and that will be soul celebration. Later, maybe another day when the Lion is able, we shall feast on food. Before that, a feast of naps! And everywhere, gratitude.

Thank you, God, for this bounty, for life shelter food love and grace.

3 comments:

  1. We took "off" Thanksgiving last year, i.e. not having people over nor cooking for a dozen. We just fed ourselves. It was lovely.

    This year, going to pick up dinner for a diner and take it to my ailing parents.

    I love to cook, but something about waking at dawn and rushing around for six hours just is not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After posting this I fell back asleep and woke up with the virus my husband has. So now we have cancelled the day. Its kind of funny, Jennifer. You are the third woman I know skipping the cooking this year--if we include me. I don't think I've ever met a mom who has cancelled T-day. Its kind of liberating, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon, K. love, Val

    ReplyDelete