Sunday, October 28, 2012

My view from morning, shifting perspectives. I've been knitting so much my wrists are burning. Indication from body: STOP. Ignore or listen? I finished the White Whale. The knitting is nothing. The fabric is divine--its all in the wool. I see that now. Am considering knitting myself long johns--the only civilized response to such fine soft stuff. I decided I must use all wool scraps before allowing myself to buy more. So this hat was born. Its the second most difficult thing I've ever knit and was a thrilling pleasure (can knitting thrill?) right up until I began to hate it at the end. Yet I could not stop. Ignore or listen, ever the challenge. In this case, not stopping was right, victory! So I bought new brown wool. For which I'm designing a mitten pattern. I'm still easily distracted by my dog sleeping and the morning light.

1 comment:

  1. That hat is amazing, and I like your dog very much too. love, Val

    ReplyDelete