Friday, October 5, 2012

 Yesterday I made a diorama in an egg. Here's a front and back shot. There is a small gate which opens, for to better see the nautical insides. And the anchor freely swings a pierced heart under an orange moon.
 I dunno why. Just felt like making something Halloweenish. I intended bats and an owl. A bloody anchor is what happened instead--it looks more like a Valentine? I guess Moby Dick is affecting my psyche.
 Dear Girl made pancakes for lunch. (Thank you!) I worked several hours this morning setting the goat's world to rights. What a sloppy stinking mess that yard is, after all the rain. Hoof care, grain run, rake out.
Dear boy chillin' with a podcast, waiting for lunch. Tonight we head out to the Big City. Haven't been there, incidentally, since last November. I guess that makes tonight Cheese Cake Time! 

3 comments:

  1. What a glorious egg! I imagine you experienced much peace in that creative space...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its important for kids to be around adults who are just playing or trying or randomly creating without any pressure to be good or well done. The adult world looks so competent to kids. And we all know that's often an illusion. So I try to remember to just make some stuff sometimes. And yeah, its peaceful and fun. :o)

    ReplyDelete