Monday, September 24, 2012


Date three, I had no urge to weep! We've been so busy and rushed, we almost forgot about dating again. Until the children reminded us: "Aren't y'all supposed to go out together?" Oh right, thanks! It took me about 20 minutes to move from sitting in my pjs on the couch unbrushed and unfed to slapping a hot lunch on the table for the children, brushing everything, and heading out the door. 

We landed at the local gas station, which may sound unlikely but was awesome. The south is charmingly quirky. There are hidden local places you can fill all your tanks in the best ways. This Texaco just so happens to serve local grass fed meats, organic produce, and good beer next to the pump along with their moonpies, nabs, and B.C. powders. 

We sat on a shady patio watching a Harley gang roll through. And watching new mothers out with their lovely babies. Oh so cute. Oh so not me. I told my husband I wanted to sit right there admiring the new mothers and my beer for brunch in equal measure. I gloried in getting deliciously hammered in the warm fall sunshine, which only took three quarters of a beer to accomplish. Then we sat by the river and dibbled our toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment