Friday, July 27, 2012

 I love it when my kids are just a teeny little bit sick or very tired. Which is ill of me, I know. But when they feel bad they want extra love and comforting. They get so snuggly and cuddly and willing to lounge. My girl was completely shot this afternoon from having a sleepover last night. I wanted to keep her awake two more hours, so she could eat dinner and sleep all night, so I asked her if she wanted me to read her a story. And she did! So, with the same intonation I used when she was a toddler I said, "Go get a book!"

She came back with "The Velveteen Rabbit." Such a good choice. I read the whole thing while she listened at my shoulder and we admired each illustration. It was pure deliciousness. Right up till we got to the part where the Fairy of Nursery Magic wraps the Velveteen Rabbit in her arms and they fly off into the night forest. I paused and asked if the Fairy of Nursery Magic had maybe taken Jenna in her arms and flown off with her. Then we got the giggles thinking about the rather macabre image of a sweet little woodland fairy trying to fly with a 3 pound bitty baby. And then if Jenna were alive in the woods somewhere right now... Dear Jenna, a baby with Bramble going for rides back in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment