Friday, May 25, 2012

I come to you with Strange Foam.* When you milk into a bucket the milk froths up. Then you strain it into glass jars and put those in the freezer to quick chill before they are moved to the fridge. Often I'll take the last bit of milk, too little to dirty a jar, and pour that into a coffee mug which gets set in the freezer with the tall warm glass jars. Always there is a good inch or two of foam in my cup. And it freezes--strange foam, breakfast.

*The Indigo Girls come to you with Strange Fire. This may not look like much if you never saw them live. But Amy Ray could flat silence a rowdy crowded bar. I'm a bit of a performance snob and I'll tell you, few hold it over Amy Ray--unlikely little Christian lesbian. They were awesome live.

1 comment:

  1. Still love the Indigo Girls. They create a mood that captures certain times unlike any other group.

    ReplyDelete