Tuesday, May 1, 2012

But Mama, we won't have any raw milk at the beach for a whole week!
That's true.
But I've tried and I just can't get all the way full without raw milk.
Well, you can make-do with grocery store milk for a week.
Oh no, that stuff is gross. I don't call it food. I can't drink that. 
Hum... Well I guess y'all can just eat a lot of ice cream instead. 
Okay!
Or maybe I can get enough frozen that you can take some with you.
That would be good, thanks. 

Some folks believe feeding children raw milk should be criminalized as child abuse. For real. They really think that. Which just goes to show, there are very many different kinds of people in the world. If I tried to switch my kids to grocery store milk, they would accuse me of child abuse.

2 comments:

  1. I drank raw milk all the time as a kid at my grandparents. It's good. The cream was good also.

    They milked their own cows, and it was such a pretty farm too, up on a high hill, countryside dropping away, crops growing, a view of abundance all around.

    Sometimes it feels like I might have imagined it all, it's that gorgeous, but no. It was as real as can be. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, perfect. and a beach trip before the schoolers are loose...sweet. hope the dog is okay. And yes, I too grew up on raw milk. and organic food, though we just called it food back then, and we called it milk. I think those names still apply.

    ReplyDelete