Saturday, March 3, 2012

I am home alone right now. I have been home alone approximately 3 times in the last 13 years. The silence is purely regenerative. My ears are drinking silence.

There was a lot of bustle while everyone got ready to leave, the children and husband milling around, yelling to each other, planning, walking with their shoes clobbing all over the floor. The kitten was busy attacking a pillow in the commotion.

Everyone left. The kitten fell asleep instantly--mid play.  She is lying there now.

4 comments:

  1. It sounds pretty lovely, lol. love, Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironically, we had a crazy busy day yesterday. Which turned into a looooong fabulous night out dancing with the kids past midnight. Out of all the many things that happened yesterday, this is the moment recorded. Stories don't always tell the whole story, eh? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Long talk with spousal unit. We're going to put herd animals on hold for now. I may cull the sheep. I really have no plan for them other than that. I will stomach the resistance, and introduce plenty of other new life at the same time. Thanks anyway, and good luck with them.

    ReplyDelete