Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bunny

My kids, ages 11 and 13, still play. A couple of their games are long running.  "Pez" has been going on for years.  "Bunny" is fairly recent, invented sometime this summer, and not to be confused with, "Bloody Bunny," who made an appearance in "Magic The Movie II".  

Most of their games no longer involve toys.  This weekend my son and I crawled through his room with a flea comb and flame thrower, restoring light and peace to an otherwise feral and scary terrain.  We put up his Legos because he is done with them.  Which basically concludes the toy themed portion of life in this house.  My daughter sent her dolls away last spring.  (I cried for a week. Jenna, I miss you!)  We have toys, mostly toys I'm saving for grandchildren.  But my kids are over them.   Which is weird for me.

But they still play.  "Bunny" is hidden in the house.  Until someone in the know finds and re-hides him.  You must never speak of Bunny.  Its a silent game.  If you happen to be a clueless adult, you may have cause to wonder.  Suddenly Bunny is there, hanging off the attic string, peaking around your Christmas decorations, occupying secret nooks and dark corners, living inexplicably trapped in a lantern.

Toys are mostly gone.  Can games be far behind?  How weird is that?  Life without "Spidey Head Baby Head, Little Elfie, Elvian, Battleaxe, The Beauty Game, P In The Wormhole (short for Puppy), Bittle, Suzie Heat, Guess The Kid, The Bored Game (subtitle: Don't Trust You At All), Hoof Care, Zip Line, Bronco, Daring Dot, Hammock Racing, The Witch Broomstick Thing (which doesn't count), Shadow Pack, Bouncy Tree and the Earth Ship Game, and Pez?  Say it isn't so!

It isn't so, yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment