Friday, October 28, 2011

Well, today it happened.  I had to ask my daughter if I could borrow some of her makeup.  I really thought we had a few more years before this sort of sharing began.   But, no.

My sister is getting remarried this afternoon in a small not overly formal ceremony.  But we are going to try and squeeze in Darling Boy's computer class from 2-3, before getting to the church at 4:30.   So now, before class, we are all clean, have our clothes set waiting, and my makeup is done.

I bought new makeup when I got married in 1995.  For my 10 year anniversary I decided to get fancy.  I pulled out my makeup and realized it was the same stuff I'd worn at the wedding!  So, I actually threw it away!  (Proud of me?)  And bought new.  Which is now six years old.   Oy.  I really don't wear much makeup.

So this morning I had a brainstorm, asked Darling Girl if she happened to have any tucked away secretly in her room.  And, naturally, she did.  But even better, all of colors which luckly work for me.  Well enough, in any case.   Thanks, kid!

I can't wait to see everyone all dressed up this afternoon.  An exciting happy day!   Pictures to follow.

1 comment: