Thursday, September 15, 2011

Apparently, Eckart Tolle says "Either stop doing what you are doing, speak to the person concerned and express fully what you feel, or drop the negativity that your mind has created around the situation and that serves no purpose whatsoever except to strengthen a false sense of self."

......strengthen a false sense of self......


So I am to understand that these hateful negative stories I tell myself about life and people help define me.  I find that utterly creepy.  Creepy enough to possibly be true.  I don't want to be defined by my anger or by dark stories I tell myself.  

Who doesn't brood on dark inner stories?   Val may be the only person I know who does not.



1 comment:

  1. K, the thing is I have no dark inner stories.

    Things go wrong sometimes, but bad luck and occasional stupid decisions are part of life.

    Plus you don't seem hateful in the least.

    I mean, inner dialogue is important. But you have never seemed hateful. love, Val

    ReplyDelete